Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gluten Free/Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

So here they are folks! The cupcakes I was dying to make after watching Cupcake Wars~
I knew they had to be good because as I was laying on the couch (belly happily full of these dense,chocolatey orbs of deliciousness) watching "The English Patient" - I hear my daughter in the kitchen saying, "Oh! My. God! Oh my God! Mmmmm" .  I, of course, had to proclaim their vegan/gluten free-ness to her disbelief.

I followed the same recipe as the Cupcake Wars (link in previous post) but had no orange zest. (Kids ate the one orange). Definitely would have been even more scrumptious but alas, just as good...I am considering buying some Orange oil for cooking...This one looks yummy ~

I substituted brown sugar for regular sugar because when making things GF you need to add more moisture. Also, bourbon vanilla is the best for GF baked goods. The buttercream frosting melted right into the cupcake, thus not delivering the Hostess cupcake affect we were hoping for. Maybe if I waited (so hard!) til it cooled some more....Oh well, next time! Enjoy!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 teas baking powder
1/2 teas baking soda
1/4 teas sea salt
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 Tbsp bourbon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together . Separately mix wet ingredients. Combine. Mix on Med speed for a minute. Fill muffin cups. This recipe makes 9 cupcakes~

350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Put toothpick in to make sure cooked through. Let cool. Be patient!

Chocolate Ganache~
1/2 cup Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, melt in saucepan, med heat
1-2 Tbsp almond milk
1 teas coconut oil

whisk until smooth. Spoon over cooled cupcakes:)


No comments:

Post a Comment